3 steaks in a row!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

When many found out that I am carrying a son, they thought meat was a huge part of my craving.
I thought that was queer.
From the time I was pregnant till I hit the 6-month mark, I was craving nothing but vegetables and fruits.

I would go off in search of fruits every week.
Juicy fruits.
Watermelon, Pink guavas, honeydew, rock melon, apples/
I would crave for fruit juices. Apple juice and apple-carrot was my favourite.
I would crave so much for vegetables. For quick fixes, I will head down to a Yong Tau Fu stall and grab spinach with kangkung. Mostly spinach.
And that would be it. I would not even eat it with rice or noodles!

Which was also the reason why I was very confident I was carrying a girl.

So, knowing its a boy in me, I found it very weird that I was not asking for any sort of meat at all. Not even chicken!
But I was never a meat person anyway.
During my courting days and marriage days with Alfi for the past 5 years, there was never a moment when I told him I was craving for beef!

Then suddenly, mid last week, I suddenly craved for steak!
*lol*

And the craving hit hard!!!
So within minutes, I planned out where are the places I would like to try. Like I said, I was not into any beef.
So eating steak is a first time to me anywhere in Singapore.

The only beef I ate was Beef Hor Fun and Ribs at KL's Tony Romas. Period.

I hit Le Steak.
At the entrance, we were told that waiting time was 40 mins!
What?!?!?! 40mins just to get a table.
I was hungry!!!

So I replanned the entire craving journey.

First I headed to 89.7 at Changi on Friday night. It was my first steak.
To taste that beef in my mouth was heaven!
Mash potatoes, carrots, corn and broccoli was my favourite!

Price was only $12.90 per dish.

 photo temporary_zpse2aea785.jpg

I went home smiling but I told Alfi that I could get used to this.

Two days later on a Sunday night, I was in search for steak again and we decided to go to Spize.
This time, it was a ribeye steak.
I didn't know what was the difference with all of these steak but I was told that grass-fed cows have more tender and sweet meat.

 photo temporary_zpsb70548d9.jpg

Sinking my teeth into this got me all excited!
Boy was I glad that Rania was sleeping during my meal. I could concentrate and enjoy my steak.
Meat was sweet, sauce was lovely and I love their crunchy corn. I wish I can have more broccoli though.

Price: $19.90 per dish but trust me, I will pay for this kind of quality.

Then, after posting on Facebook, a lot told me to try Botak Jones at Tang Tea House.
I told Alfi,"Come let's do it before we start fasting. I won't disturb your terawih days."
*lol*

So we last night.

 photo 10f558b8-0886-4bf5-a0d9-bd651a044ce5_zpsb1372cff.jpg

They did not have anymore ribeye so I settled for sirloin steak.
For $17.90, I rather add another $2 and have more tender and tastier beef at Spize.

Trust me, blogging about this make my mouth water. I wonder if it is me or the baby inside.

Still, nonetheless, I went home smiling.
3 steaks in a week.
My sister was 'horrified' about my steak rampage but it was nice to hear Alfi said,"Wait till you are pregnant."

So just when I thought I would have had enough, I proposed to Alfi to have steak again on a weekend in Ramadhan.
Supper after terawih.

*lol*

Opportunist!

0 sent me a message:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)