My Canon creativity

Monday, June 17, 2013

I was nonetheless estatic being among the 10 bloggers selected for the Canon Creativity Workshop.
I have always wanted to buy a photo printer but I am not very knowledgable about it and I will always end up very fickle of what to buy.

*lol*

Women!

I am honestly very clueless about photo printers and when I had my first few pictures printed out at the Canon workshop, I was in "ooohs" and "ahhhhhs"
So shameful!

But I was very impressed with my printouts. The picture was so clear and colours so vibrant that I fell in love with the printer all at once!

 photo temporary_zps8d21062e.jpg

What more, I brought home a damn sexy red Canon Pixma MG3170

 photo temporary_zpsee8e45cf.jpg

So here we are to share our creativity skills with Canon and I swear to you that I am one of the least creative people on earth!
But the workshop opened me to possibilities and gave me a new sense of motivation.

I sat down for a few weeks thinking what is it that I can do with all my resources. I went into the Canon Creativity Park for many days and really try to think through what I can do.

Then, just like Albert Einsten (chey!) I was gifted with a stroke of genius!

*lol*

As you know, I am living with my mom temporarily and it is filled with 7 adults and 1 little brat.
As a family with a child, our timing with the rest really differs! When I am asleep, they are up 'partying' and when I am up, they are asleep.
When I am out, the rest probably just woke up and when they leave the house, I am home tired.

So it is really understandable that they try to spend as much time as they can with Rania during the in-between timings, especially the weekends.

There are nights when I am trying to make Rania sleep and they just arrive home, knock on my door to take a peek at Rania. Then Rania gets all excited and her sleeping time gets postponed to another hour.
It is ok on weekends but on weekdays, the parents need to sleep too!
I admit, there are times when we sleep with Rania in between us, still playing and we are snoring away.

Damn teruk (terrible) la!

So here was my art project #1.

HOW TO MAKE A DOOR HANGER

Ok there is a twist to this one because I decided not to make a typical door hanger. I wanted to incorporate my scrapbooking ideas into it!
I have always loved scrapbooking but you know how these things are so expensive that I do not know whether I will get sick of it after a few months. It will not be able to justify the cost!

So I picked out a background colour from the website.

 photo CanonBackground_zps31855710.jpg

This time around I took a dark background so that I can work on bright things on it.
Then I selected pretty borders to match the background.

 photo CanonBorder_zpsd1a0c851.jpg
 photo temporary_zpsf7913281.jpg

And then I selected the matching parts to scrapbook.

 photo CanonTags_zpsebbe96aa.jpg

I printed one of Rania's photo from Instagram. A nice 1:1 to fit onto the door handle.

Here is how we start.

 photo temporary_zps340d9226.jpg

Materials required apart from the printed items:
- Glue
- Scissors
- Pencil
- Ruler

So I cut out the door label 20cm by 10cm because I did not want the label to be too long for a small instagram picture.
I drew a circle at the center and cut it out.

 photo temporary_zpsf908f7d3.jpg

I started by pasting Rania's picture at the center and then work on cutting and pasting the other parts together.

 photo temporary_zpseb50f773.jpg

I had an additional helper and could not work faster on this project but I managed to complete it at the end!

 photo temporary_zps7b56c0e0.jpg

Wa laa!

So now, my family knows when Rania is asleep and detour from knocking on my room door.
Isn't that awesome!

I am convinced and proven myself that I am not that hopeless with creativity after all.
Why don't you give it a shot?

xoxo

0 sent me a message:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)