Happy Mother's Day

Friday, May 18, 2012




Someone shared this to me and I shared it on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and now Blogger.
I love how we can drive messages through social media.

The phase of giving birth, recuperating, getting pregnant again and then a miscarriage, I barely got back on my feet.
Not to mention that work is kicking off nicely but busily.
If I feel pretty, it is a lucky day.
You know how little ones burp and make you smell sour just after a shower.
How my sleep was never the same. 4 hours of undisturbed sleep is another sign of a lucky day.

I go to sleep wondering if I did a good job as mother and wife.
Then I feel sick in the stomach because I only have one child. There are many who have 2, 3, 4 or even 5 children.
I wonder how they do it.

Maybe it is because it is my first time.

The husband saw me struggling with housework and work and the baby and trying to squeeze husband & wife time, the three of us family time and even the whole Ramblings family time.
He suggested we hire a helper.
I was very skeptical of the helper coming into the house. I was beginning to enjoy privacy.
Plus I did not want Rania to be attached to the helper and forget about her mummy.

Awesomely Kiasu isn't it?

But truthfully, the body cannot take it.
It will be a totally different scenario if I would have stayed in Ang Mo Kio. The house is smaller and laundry is lesser.

So, reading this made me feel a little lighter.
Before I married the husband, I told him that since I cannot cook, it is his responsibility to make sure someone cooks for me and ensure that there is food on the table for the family.

But us being women, we step up all the time because that is just our nature.
So spread this around. Get the husbands reminded of our effort because it is easy to overlook.
I always overlook what my husband do for me too sometimes many times.

I am only human.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.
May we always be loved and appreciated for our efforts.
Because that will only stretch us another mile further.

xoxo

0 sent me a message:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)