Life's transitions

Friday, September 16, 2011

I slept crying last night, thinking it will not be long till I move out of the house which I have been staying for the past 20 years.
As much as I am looking fwd to it, I am afraid to be away from my family.

My dad who will do anything for the daughter.
My mom who loves to hear my stories and gossips and critics and my greatest friend and fight (when we have one and that makes a mother and daughter inseperable)
My sister who never fails to lend me a shoulder when I need one or a hand when we sleep at night and I do not feel too good.

Writing this makes me tear again. Maybe I am just afraid of missing their faces.
Maybe I am afraid of the physical distance between us.

Truth is...
I need to move. I need the space. I need the space for my own family.
And we would love to have some privacy.

My husband is a lovely man and is accomodating to my needs but this is a transitional phase.
I know my family is silently coming to terms with it. They think I do not know.
I quietly do.

It is actually tougher on me than anyone actually know because I never spoke about this.

5 comments:

  1. I feel you sis..
    I'll be going through this life transition in less than 2 months, when i go back SG to stay with hubby to be. :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sis on your big leap to marriage. It will be a wonderful journey i promise. For those who have to be cities apart from their family, it is really sad and I am sure it is a more challenging transition for you cos the mixed feelings is even more tremendous. They joy of geting married as much as the sadness of being apart from the dfamily *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess this is one of the early transitions we (ladies) hv to go thru being a wife,follow by being a mommy :) many more transitions to come...bring it on!! i've moved out fr my parents a decade ago and i still miss my playground till now..gosh!! the fact that i'm d youngest (of 6 siblings) and spent d most time w/my parents. simply love the good old feeling when I go visit them & being treated like a child again most of the time :) all the best on your new home and lil one soon..Insya Allah, it's gonna be a great journey...enjoy evry moment sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insya Allah..this is one of the many good transitions that we (as a wife & mommy) have to go thru upon entering a marriage journey. personally i still miss my home-ground tho it's been a decade. being d youngest of 6, i stayed d longest with them...so u bet d feeling is unbearable when I first stepped out. I am now a mother of 3, I'm fully aware of the next transitions (challenges) that i've to face in continuing my journey of parenthood...it's a cycle i tell u :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mima..
    insya Allah, it'll be fine :) coz it's a great transition. next transition will be on motherhood...bet you'll enjoy every moment.

    hi feera..
    u hv us...here at yr service anytime haha. can't wait for u to be back ;)

    xoxo..asmahrah

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)