McDonald's Open Doors

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am actually very excited to do this blog entry for many reasons.
Firstly, I didn't think I was going to.
Plus, if anyone knew me, they should know what a McDonald's fan I have been for more than 2 decades.
(yes, it has been that long)

Try talking to my in-laws and they will really tease me about putting an 'M' sign in front of my new house door.
Or they would tease my husband to quickly get rich so that he can buy a franchise for me.

So over the weekend, me and some other bloggers were invited to McDonald's Open Doors.
A sneak peek to their upcoming activity for Sept 2011 to Feb 2012.

The McDonald's Open Doors aims to educate their customers of what happens in their kitchen and why we have always been unable to resist them.
This includes how raw ingredients are sourced from a global supply chain and ensuring world-class standards for quality.

In fact, I managed to understand how our food is always served hot and fresh. Something, which I never thought about because I have taken it for granted.

So at the start of the tour, we were first brought into their storeroom.
I was actually pretty surprised to see a huge walking space at the center of the room and everything else neatly stacked at the sides of the room.

Photobucket

It was amazing to understand how detailed everything in the store was.
From having the heavier things raised above the floor.

Photobucket

To the lighter things placed at the top shelves to prevent any unnecessary injuries to the staff.

Photobucket

And how they are neatly arranged and labelled

Photobucket

Then I understood why I enjoy my corn cup very much.
They used DEL MONTE!!!
Fresh and crunchy. Seriously, how you compare that with the $2.50 fun fair corn cup.

Photobucket

Next stop, we went to the chiller. So that was our group of bloggers who was already feeling the cold before we got into it!!
*lol*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the things which you get to see in the chiller.
Your good ol' hotcakes!

Photobucket

Your fresh milk and milk products

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cinammon Melts!!!

Photobucket

The freezer was just behind the chiller and I swear I could not stay inside there anything longer than 2 minutes!!
I cannot imagine the staff having to pick a box and make his way out.
*brrrr*

Our favourite patties!
Beef, fish, chicken

Photobucket

Then we were brought to the staff's section. I am always amazed by the energy among the staffs. How vibrant their working environment is.
Truth is, you rarely see people who are grumpy.
With 115 restaurants island-wide, employing 8000 people, the management must have done something right to see the consistency of the staffs.
Break time for the crew

Photobucket

And communication is always seen very important. Especially when everyone is on the move and things needed to be done quickly.

Photobucket

Ok here are the more interesting thing.
I am a food lover. i fail at preparing any sorts of food so far and I really appreciate those who are able to do it really quick and accurately.
See how they split up the work.

Photobucket

When the order comes in, the breads are firstly toasted

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Placed in their respective boxes with sauces and pushed to the crew next to her

Photobucket

Thank you for letting me have a photo with you Bella!

Photobucket

The next person in line prepares it with the patty and vegetables, pickles or onions and even your special orders

Photobucket

Photobucket

Patties are cooked and kept warm

Photobucket

I think that it is really awesome that they are digitally labelled!!

Here is where the patties are cooked
Photobucket

And after they are cooked, all they do is to sprinkle some salt and pepper.

Photobucket

(doing this in the middle of the night is making me hungry)
As I walked around the kitchen, I practically saw instructions everywhere!!
A constant reminder for the crew which I thought was a good idea. If mistakes are minimised, food is not wasted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We know how McDonald's has evolved with technology.
From a flat plastic key cashier to touch screen and flat TV showcasing their customers orders.
The next thing I am going to show you is awesome.

Remember how McD staff had to carry large brown paper bags filled with fries and pouring them into the fries basket, estimating the quantity?
They currently have a machine which automatically dispenses the right amount of fries to be fried.

Photobucket

All they needed to do is to shove the fries basket in and there it dispenses!

Photobucket

My ultimate favourite!

Photobucket

Plus the oil they used has NO trans fat!
I was super relieved to hear that, I swear!!! *lol*

I had a good time learning all those facts!
Thank you McD for organising Open Doors Preview

Photobucket

And I was very much entertained by MacD's Open Door Ambassadors

Photobucket

Not to mention that I tasted the Horlick Mc'Flurry and it is awesome!!!

Photobucket

And if you did not know yet, for the month of Sept, they are having this offer!


Snap away on my blog and get 2 Horlicks Mc'Flurry for the price of 1!
:)

I also like to thank OMY for making this happen for all of us.
It was an awesome experience!
Photobucket

So parents, if you are keen to have some fun-filled activities, here are the details to the McD Open Doors details.


A total of 300 kitchen tours will take place every 3rd Sunday of each month beginning 18th September 2011 to 19th February 2012.
And from what I understand, there are some months which have been fully booked for certain outlets!

But fret not, head down to Mc'D Open Doors to check on the available timings at other outlets and register online!
It's very convenient and rest assured your children will be squealing and feeling very excited to experience the tour.

Please note that children under 7 years are advised to be accompanied by adults.
Are you going to plan your weekend already?

xoxo,

0 sent me a message:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)