Maternal (Withdrawal) Syndrome

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In a few hours' time, my little girl will ask for milk and I will need to feed her.
That is normal routine.

The thing which will not be normal is that I will have to get up and shower my Lil' Rania.
She usually showers at 1pm, solely because she sleeps at 2am and wakes up at noon.
Then I will need to shower and get ready for work.

Yes, it will be back to work for me from tomorrow.
I remember many moms who speak to me about withdrawals when they return work and I remember being among the gung-ho one thinking that withdrawals will not even come near me.

I am sorry everyone!
The talk about having zero motherly instincts proved me wrong the minute Rania came out from me and I see her red face.
Withdrawals?
I think I felt it weeks back.

Heavy-heartedly, I counted down the days I needed to go back to work.
Just last week, I excitedly told mom
"I am going back to work on the 11th. I thought it was a Tuesday. Turns out to be on Wednesday. I get an extra day."

Yeah, that's withdrawals already without even going back to work yet.

So tomorrow will really be a full day for me.
Work, followed by dinner with the husband and heading down for tuition at Woodlands.
The day will probably end very late at night.

I will miss her face


How I will miss going out with her


How I will miss her toothless smile


How I will miss the full-time duty as a mom



Wish me luck!

xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. eyyy.. can post as anonymous.. hahahaa.. sending some love!.. hehehe.. dun be too sad hokays.. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I survived the first day. *pats on back* The rest would not be too hard I hope. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)